• craft·y (krft) adj. craft·i·er, craft·i·est 1. Skilled in or marked by underhandedness, deviousness, or deception. 2. Chiefly British Skillful; dexterous

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Time Out for Tasty Goodness--Spinach Pie

After working on our Hip Mama Diaper Bags for about 6 hours now, including a trip to the store, Mandy and I realized that every once in a while, you have to stop and take a break for some food. Periodically on this blog, I will share a recipe with you. I made this Spinach Pie a few nights ago for dinner, and everyone in the house loved it. The best part is that it is super easy and hard to mess up, which is pretty much a prerequisite for me. I found this recipe in the September 2008 issue of Family Circle, that I read while waiting (and waiting) for my doctor to see me. Here it is:

Spinach & Swiss Quiche
Makes 6 servings
Prep 5 minutes

1 refrigerated piecrust (from a 15 ounce package)--Don't you love how versatile and easy these are!
5 large eggs
3/4 c milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (1/2 cup)
4 ounces of Swiss cheese, shredded (1 cup)--I used cheddar jack

1) Heat oven to 375 degrees. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate, crimping edge.
2) In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Spread the spinach into the bottom of the prepared piecrust. Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, then sprinkle with the cheese.
3)Transfer quiche to 375 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue to bake for 20 minutes, until crust is puffed and browned (cover with foil if browning too quickly). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

Let me know how it turns out for you!

2 comments:

Reagan Family said...

JJ's mom made me the hip mama diaper bag for Cole and I love it! It is huge and stores everything! I can't wait to see yours when it is finished!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I have issues with eggs so I'll not be making this, but I can't wait to see how your bag turns out!