I realized that with everything that has been going on in our little family, I never posted Lily's Halloween costume! I worked many hours on this, and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I used Simplicity pattern #3594, cut at a size 4. It took 2 skeins of yarn, fuzzy fleece, satin, and lots and lots of thread (mostly because I kept having to pick everything out), and a new sewing machine. I wouldn't say that it saved us money, but the quality of the costume was so much better than last year's store-bought costume. Plus there was the added bonus of it being unique (Old Navy has cute costumes, but I tend to see them over and over). It was fun to make, and I will probably attempt next year's costume, too. I thought I had picked a simple costume, but there were so many different sewing techniques. It definitely was a great project for learning and also for sparking a new found interest in sewing!
Hi! I am a wife and mom and full-time therapist. I don't get nearly enough time to do all the things I want to, much less the things that need to get done. Every once in a while, I find the time to update my blogs. I have gained a great respect for other people's work. This blog is a compilation of the very few things I have done, but mainly serves as a way to organize things I find that I admire and/or want to make myself.