• craft·y (krft) adj. craft·i·er, craft·i·est 1. Skilled in or marked by underhandedness, deviousness, or deception. 2. Chiefly British Skillful; dexterous

Friday, August 14, 2009

Self-binding blanket



I have been wanting to make one of these for a while, so the morning of the most recent baby shower I went to, I whipped this up. (In case you were wondering, no, I wasn't confident in my ability to do it fast, I just am really good at procrastination.) It turned out pretty well, just don't look too close. I thought about making a tutorial, but after a quick Google search, I found these links.
From Observations of an Everyday Mom
The blogger above used flannel for both sides. If you decide to use minkee like I did, the link below has some really good tips. Don't skip the pinning!
Tips for Working with Minkee
The next link shows how to make matching bibs and burp cloths.
Bib and Burp Cloth

4 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

LOVE that. And now I need an exuse to make one.

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Super cute!

My aunt in law made one for Liam, my youngest. It's my favorite blankie. I've wanted to make one just like it, but haven't taken the time to figure it out or look up a tutorial. Thanks for doing it for me. ;)

Alicia said...

cute!!

Jen V said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.